Christmas on the Costa del Sol
Although these beautiful sunny days on the Costa Del Sol could easily have you fooled, Christmas is just around the corner and I don't know about you but I am starting to get that wonderful Christmassy feeling already!
As we all know, it is never hard finding an excuse to celebrate over here and Christmas is the perfect excuse to get together with your loved ones and enjoy all the festive fun that there is to offer. To make it a little easier for you, we thought we would share our top 5 festive things to do here on the Coast –
- Malaga Christmas Lights - Top of the list has to be the turning on of the Malaga Christmas lights. If you haven't been before this is an absolute must and an event that Malaga is starting to become quite famous for. Malaga is such a beautiful city and every year they make a big effort to dazzle us all with their magnificent light display. The atmosphere is magical and the streets are filled with friends and families wondering the shops and enjoying delicious food and drinks in one of the many brilliant tapas bars and restaurants that the city has to offer..
- Christmas Markets - Everybody loves a cosy Christmas market to get in the festive spirit, whether it's to shop for gifts, indulge in delicious homemade treats or enjoy one or two mulled wines (or better yet all three!), you can take your pick where you’d like to go. They all take place from the beginning of December until the first week of January.
- The Ballet. A new addition to the recently renovated Cine Teatro Goya in Puerto Banus is the ballet, which is showcased live from all over the world in one of their cinema rooms. This Christmas on December 22nd they are showing The Nutcracker (El Cascanueces) live from Bolshoi, Russia. It's a wonderful evening which normally starts at around 8pm and has 2 intervals in between which include tapas and bubbles.
- The Beach. It is amazing that we are still able to sit by the sea with the sun shining in our faces, and no one can appreciate this more than the beach bars and restaurants that are still able to attract all their summer clients with their picturesque views and beautiful settings. Take a stroll along the paseo, soak up the beautiful weather and stop off at one of the lovely restaurants along the sea front and take a look at what fantastic Christmas offers they have in store for you.
- Three Kings Parade. What's also great about living in sunny Spain at this time of year is that we get to celebrate 2 Christmases – the English one and the Spanish one! The Three Kings Parade takes place in every village along the Coast. Everyone gathers together to watch as the Three Wise Men arrive by boat or helicopter or however they chose to, and parade around the town followed by huge floats and all different kinds of Christmas characters, as well as little helpers from the local schools dressed up throwing sweets out for everyone to catch. A lot of hard work and effort goes into this throughout the year, so it is definitely worth a watch.